Friday, November 14, 2014

Get Your Flu Shot

I’ve heard it said that if you want to hear God laugh, tell him your plans. Last weekend was pretty much open, with no deadlines and places to be. I was looking forward to a little rest before the gauntlet of the holidays. I love Thanksgiving and Christmas and everything to do with the season. I hear from some people that I only get to hear from once a year and I love their newsy letters and pictures. I just enjoy everything about it.

Unfortunately, when I got home Thursday evening, my husband wasn’t feeling good. By 9 p.m., he was really sick. I suggested Urgent Care and he refused. After being up all night with him, I called a friend to take him to our doctor, so I could stay home with our son. He hadn’t been gone too long when came the dreaded call. He had tested positive for H1N1 flu. Not only did my plans for a restful weekend fly right out the window, my plans for practically the next ten days disintegrated before my very eyes.

When Bob came home from the doctor and pharmacy, he brought Tamaflu for me and our son Chad. We started taking it immediately. Even with that, by Saturday evening, we knew we both had somewhat lighter cases of the flu. With all three of us sick, it was not a good weekend at our house. So much for relaxing before the holidays.

I can surely sympathize with the teachers and parents in Elliott County that have not been in school all week, due to a stomach virus and flu. It is really a rough strain of flu and makes you feel so bad. With the addition of the virus, it is really hard on its victims.

Please Everyone!! Take your flu shots, wash your hands frequently and STAY HOME if you are sick. This powerful illness showing up this early in the year does not bode well for the winter. If you are already sick, please get well soon, and if you are well, do your best to stay that way!



No comments:

Post a Comment